Geographical Class 12 Important Questions Chapter 6 Secondary Activities are a part of Geography Class 12 issues. Right here we now have given Geographical Class 12 Important Questions Chapter 6 Secondary Features
Geographical Class 12 Important Questions Chapter 6 Secondary Operations
1 Mark Questions
Outline the time period technopoles. Delhi 2016
Know-how is a term given to high-tech areas which might be regionally targeted, self-sustaining and specialised,
For example, in Silicon Valley near San Francisco.
Mention two main problems in the Ruhr industrial area. (All India 2016)
Two main problems are:
- Modifications in the structure of the business because the demand for coal declined led to the breakdown of this area
- . industrial waste disposal and pollution issues
How has the brand new Ruhr landscape been born? (HOTS; All India 2016)
The New Ruhr Panorama Has Been Created When Focusing More on New Industries, reminiscent of the large Opel automotive meeting plant, new chemical crops, universities and universities
What’s the household sector? (Delhi 2011)
The household sector is the smallest manufacturing unit, also called Kotiteollisuus. It’s mainly managed by artistic individuals or artisans who’re assisted by their relations at residence.
Identify two sub-regions of the cotton textile business on the planet. Delhi 2009
Two sub-areas of the cotton textile business are small handmade and power yarns
What’s the significance of secondary activity on the earth? (All India 2009, Delhi 2009)
The significance of secondary exercise is that these activities improve the assets by including raw materials to helpful and helpful merchandise.
Categorize industries into two groups based mostly on metallic minerals. All Indio 2008
Industries categorized on the idea of metallic minerals are the iron and non-ferrous metals industries.
three character questions
What are the normal giant industrial areas? Give them two attributes. (Delhi 2014)
Conventional giant industrial areas are related to heavy business comparable to metallic smelting, heavy know-how, chemical business and textile manufacturing. They are often situated close to coal fields. These industries are additionally referred to as the smoking business because they are probably the most polluting industries.
The characteristics of these industries are as follows:
1. A big workforce carries out production. Additionally it is characterized by poor and poor high quality poor homes. The surroundings is uncomfortable and filled with contamination, waste disposal, and so on.
2. Excessive unemployment and high migration are the prevailing circumstances in these areas, as factories are closed down as a consequence of international demand shrinkage.
Describe the three characteristics of family production. Delhi 2014
The three characteristics of the household business are as follows:
- Household business is dominated by artistic individuals or craftsmen who are assisted by their relations in their houses.
- Inner Manufacturing Expertise
- The uncooked material is taken from the local area and bought on the native market. Examples embrace jute rails, physique oils, and so forth.
Give the importance of a high-tech business. Please point out the 2 features of this area. (Delhi 2013)
Excessive know-how is the newest era of manufacturing operations. It is best understood in applying intensive research and improvement, resulting in advanced scientific and technical manufacturing products.
High know-how business features:
1. Professional (white collar) staff make up a large a part of the entire workforce and considerably exceed the precise staff (blue collar)
2. These industries are neatly positioned, small, trendy, dispersed, office laboratory products than large assembly buildings.
Explain the three attributes of the world's great trendy manufacturing. (Delhi 2013,2008)
Discover out three features of the organizational structure and stratification of a modern large-scale manufacturing business, AH India 2012
The traits of recent large-scale industrial manufacturing are as follows: Complicated organization Trendy giant industrial processes include several actions for business leadership
Specialist and expert workforce In a modern business, a specialized and skilled workforce is needed. Thus, the expert workforce is growing
Utilizing assets These industries are using a huge quantity of energy to use heavy equipment in the manufacturing course of.
How do secondary activities improve pure assets? Clarify three examples. (All India 2012)
Secondary motion adds worth to pure assets by converting raw materials into helpful merchandise. In several processes, secondary activities deliver added worth to pure products.
1. Boll has restricted use of cotton, however after it has been transformed into yarn, it becomes extra useful and can be used to make garments.
2. Iron ore can’t be used immediately from mines, but after it has been transformed into steel, it gets its worth and can be used to fabricate many beneficial machines, instruments, and so forth.
3. Extra assets for farms, forest products and marine assets
Clarify the machining course of of recent giant industrial industries at three points. (Delhi 2012)
Mechanization means gadgets that carry out tasks. The superior stage of mechanization is automation, which refers to performing tasks with out human considering through the manufacturing process. These processes are machined if the tasks are accomplished skillfully without human help. There are automated lacto manufacturing unit feedback and closed loop pc control methods the place machines are developed to assume. Such mechanized processing models have risen everywhere in the world
Clarify any of the three traits of "foot bulk". (Delhi 2012)
Characteristics of loose-fitting of legs. are the next:
1. Unfastened industries within the foot could be established at any location because their location does not affect any specific uncooked material, whether it’s weight loss or otherwise. These industries have an effect on elements and are available everywhere.
2. These industries produce their products in small quantities and don’t require a large workforce
3. These industries are less polluting or much less polluting. In order that they're ecological. The street network performs an necessary position of their location.
How are technological improvements an necessary a part of trendy business? Clarify three elements in this regard. (HOTS; All India 2011)
Technological innovation via analysis and improvement methods is a vital part of trendy manufacturing for high quality management, elimination of waste and inefficiency and pollution prevention
- Complicated engineering methods are wanted to supply top quality items in less time.
- It requires a number of capital to make use of machines with the newest know-how in manufacturing.
Clarify examples of the concept of high-tech business. (Delhi 2011)
It's merely recognized for top know-how and is the newest manufacturing activity. Understanding the appliance of intensive analysis and improvement (R&D) leading to the manufacturing of advanced science and know-how merchandise
Robotics on meeting line, pc aided design (CAD) and manufacturing electronic control of melting and refining processes and continuous improvement of latest chemical and pharmaceutical merchandise are examples of high know-how business.
Categorize world industries in response to possession to 3 classes. Report the primary options of each group. (All Indio 2010, 2008)
World industries might be categorized by possession in the following methods:
Public sector This sort of business is owned and managed by the state.
The Personal Sector A personal sector or corporate entity owns and manages the personal sector.
The Widespread Sector The business, which is co-owned and managed by the personal and public sectors, known as widespread industries. This is primarily concerning the improvement of the general public sector
Separate small and enormous industries by reporting three factors. (All India 2009)
The distinction between giant industries and small-scale industries is as follows:
|Peru||Giant Industries||Small Industries|
|They use heavy-duty motor-powered machines. ”||They use small powered machines.|
|Enterprise Capital||Big investments are needed.||Small capital is invested.|
|Parameters [||These industries supply employment in creating nations.|
5 Marks Questions
Clarify five elements that have an effect on the economic location on the earth. (Delhi 2015,2010)
The elements affecting the economic location are as follows:
Using the market market means individuals to whom goods are made. The market affects the situation of the business. The manufacturing unit is situated close to the market. Areas with more populations are giant markets for industrial merchandise compared to areas with less populations. As well as, areas with more buying power even have a big market area.
Access to raw materials Industries that use heavy, heavy and weighty raw materials are established close to the uncooked material. For example, in the sugar business, sugar cane is a rapidly perishable and dropping uncooked materials. To scale back transport prices, the business is situated near the source of the raw materials
Use of power sources within the vicinity of power sources, for example close to an power supply.
Entry to move and communications know-how is situated in areas with an efficient transport community that provides uncooked materials from totally different regions and delivers manufactured items to the market. A communications network can also be needed to communicate with shoppers. Thus, transport and communication are essential elements that influence the situation of the business
Government policy The advantageous authorities coverage promoting industrialization can also be necessary in determining the situation of the business.
Define the time period manufacturing. Explain the 4 features of small-scale manufacturing. (Delhi 2014)
Manufacturing means handmade manufacture, however now it accommodates the goods made by machines. It’s mainly a strategy of changing raw materials into completed items which might be more helpful for gross sales in local or distant markets.
The 4 features of small-scale manufacturing are as follows:
- It differs from households and enormous industries
- This sort of manufacturing makes use of native raw materials, simple motor-powered machines and a half-man labor
- It offers employment and increases native purchasing energy.
- These manufacturing models have developed labor
Define manufacture. Categorize your manufacturing business into three classes and clarify the necessary options of every sort. (Delhi 2013)
Definition and traits of the manufacturing business
Manufacture refers to handmade manufacture, but now it accommodates the products made by machines. It’s primarily a strategy of converting uncooked materials into finished items which might be more priceless for sales in native or distant markets.
The business is assessed by their measurement as follows:
- It’s the smallest manufacturing unit.
- Craftsmen Use Native
- Part-time work or relations of artisans produce everyday goods of their houses with simple tools.
- Finished products can be utilized for consumption in the identical family or for sale in the native market.
Giant Scale Manufacturing
- It Requires Giant Markets
- It Wants Large Power and Totally different Uncooked Supplies
- . specialized staff, advanced know-how, assembly line mass manufacturing and large capital
- Now it has spread to virtually every a part of the world.
Explain the significance of power and raw material for heavy industries in India, HOTS; Delhi 2013
Power All industries want power because they are utilized by power, corresponding to cotton textiles and the iron and steel business.
The facility position is as follows:
- Power to encourage
- Its provide have to be secured earlier than the business's location
- Certain industries, similar to aluminum and synthetic nitrogen manufacturing areas, are often close to energy provides.
The uncooked material business is situated in areas the place the uncooked material is obtainable close to the business. The position of the uncooked material is as follows:
- Industries utilizing weight loss raw supplies are situated within the areas the place the uncooked materials is situated.
- The sugar factories, the pulp business, the copper smelting and the raw business are situated close to their uncooked materials.
- A lot of the iron and steel business is situated near a coal area or close to iron ore sources.
Clarify the significance of the Indian iron and steel business at three factors. (Delhi 2012)
Iron and. The steel business is prime to the country's industrial improvement. The event of the iron and metal business opened the door to India's speedy industrial improvement.
The primary importance of the iron and metal business is:
- Virtually all industries in India are closely dependent on iron and steel.
- It supplies raw materials for different industries, comparable to machine instruments for downstream production
- Iron and steel are the foundations of all different industries, so it’s referred to as primary manufacturing
. ] Question 24
Describe all five elements that have an effect on the economic location on the earth? (Delhi 2010)
The elements affecting the economic location are as follows:
Market entry refers to the individuals to whom the goods are manufactured. The market impacts the situation of the business. The manufacturing unit is situated near the market. Regions with more populations are giant markets for industrial merchandise in comparison with areas with much less populations. As well as, areas with extra purchasing energy also have a large market area.
Access to uncooked materials Industries that use heavy, heavy and weighty raw supplies are established close to the raw materials. For instance, in the sugar business, sugar cane is a rapidly perishable and dropping raw materials. To scale back transport costs, the business is situated close to the supply of the uncooked material
Use of power sources within the neighborhood of power sources, for example close to an power supply.
Entry to transport and communications know-how is situated in areas with an efficient transport community that provides uncooked materials from totally different areas and delivers manufactured items to the market. A communications network can also be needed to communicate with shoppers. Consequently, transport and communication are essential elements affecting the situation of business.
Government Policies An advantageous authorities coverage that fosters the economic state of affairs can also be necessary in determining the situation of the business.
“Africa has enormous resources and is industrially the most backward in the continent.” The shortage of this worth results in this recession in Africa.
Lack of the following values leads to African recession:
- Social welfare
- Caring angle in the direction of individuals
“It’s the smallest manufacturing unit. Craftsmen use local uncooked supplies and sampling instruments to supply on a regular basis goods of their houses via relations or part-time work. "Explain the value that may be seen in these industries
Households have the following values:
- Group participation
- Caring angle in the direction of individuals
- Financial well-being of individuals
We hope that geographical category 12 Important questions Chapter 6 Secondary Activities Helps You. In case you have any questions concerning the Geographical Class 12 necessary questions in Chapter 6 Secondary Activities, drop the comment under and phone you as quickly as potential.