- 1 NCERT Solutions for Grade 11 Sociology Chapter 1 Sociology and Society
NCERT Solutions for Grade 11 Sociology Chapter 1 Sociology and Society
Grade 11 Sociology Chapter 1 NCERT Textbook Questions Resolved
Why is the Origin and Progress of Sociology Necessary? ] Answer:
- The research of the origins and progress of societies is essential in sociology with a view to understand quite a lot of private and social issues.
- England was the middle of the economic revolution. Understanding how urbanization or manufacturing unit manufacturing affected all trendy societies is essential.
- Indian sociology displays the origin and progress of individuals, the social institution and their problems. Indian history is filled with imperialist assaults. There is a lengthy historical past of feudalism, capitalism and colonization in India
- Foreigners write Indian historical past that is associated to political, social or cultural areas and is subsequently removed from the reality. In principle, it’s biased. That’s the reason Indian sociology can also be biased. In the meanwhile, Indian society may be understood in the complexity that the Turks, Mongols, Kushan, Afghans and the British have, and the influence of the modem world. Indian sociology is a posh product of its history
That’s the reason learning the origins and progress of society is essential for sociology
Talk about the totally different points of the time period “society”.
- Society is a network of social relationships.
- Sociology is the working system and procedures for a number of group access and mutual assistance. human conduct and liberties. (Maciver and Page)
- This definition of sociological weightings, in accordance with which the primary options of society are use, process, authority, mutual assistance, group and division and freedoms
- Use means accepted habits (norms) of society. 19659005] The procedure refers to social institutions essential to the social network, corresponding to household or marriage.
- Authority refers to a system that controls the models (particular person) of a society or maintains a social network.
- Teams and Division means Group and Subgroup
- Manage Human Conduct means social management and freedom for individuals in the form of written or unwritten standards which might be essential for the right functioning of the social network.
- The above parts are the Network of Society and Social Relations, Maciver's and Page. Based on
. Class 11 Sociology Chapter 1 NCERT Supplementary Questions
Class 11 Sociology Chapter 1 Nicely Sh
- Sociology is a comprehensive research of society as an entire.
- Sociology is a descriptive and analytical discipline related to
- Sociology is a science of human relations
What is Society?
Society is a system of authority and mutual assistance and procedures for controlling many factions and disagreements, human conduct and freedoms. It is a community of social relationships. It all the time modifications.
How is human society totally different from animal society? (HOTS)
The organism wants meals, sex and security. Both humans and animals are just like safety needs, copy, hours, psychological processes, blood circulation and sicknesses. But each are totally different:
- People have their very own tradition that embraces experiences that animals are disadvantaged of.
- Individuals have a posh speech and communication system.
State Traits of Society
In accordance with Harry M. Johnson, society has the following traits:
- Defined space: Society is a regional group.
- The following are members of society by means of a gaggle of people in a gaggle of individuals
- Tradition: Society is all the time culturally satisfactory.
- Independence: Society is a permanent, unbiased and integrated group. The members of the group are depending on one another.
Clarify the Concept of Social Issues
There are ways of considering, feelings, and actions that individuals understand as external and limiting and widespread to the entire social group. Emile Durkheim emphasized social points. He spoke of particular person and collective consciousness. All concepts, ideas or inventions developed by people, when accepted and accepted by bigger teams, have been a part of the collective consciousness. He said that society is past man. It affects our complete life. We’re a part of a society with its own particular place in the social system
How is society an ongoing process?
Society is an ongoing process. It really works in a pure means. Society just isn’t imposed on individuals, but accepted by members. Negotiations are an important a part of society. Because of social interplay, society is shaped and reformed.
How is sociology a progressive science?
Sociology deals with trendy society. It's a brand new science that was born just lately. The newest ideas are included in sociology, which retains the subject updated.
Sociology is a science that offers with social teams, their organization, processes that search to take care of or change these forms of organization, and relationships between groups.
- Anthropology is a research of primitive society
- It explores small and static cultures. 19659005] It's human research and the development of humanity. There are four most important branches: bodily anthropology, social anthropology, cultural anthropology, and applied anthropology
What have you learnt about formal education?
The formalist faculty is a sociological strategy to learning society. It examines forms of social relationship or their socialization. It emphasizes the research of varieties. Supporters of this faculty are Weber, Simmel and Ward.
What have you learnt about synthetic faculty?
Sociology is a common science that studies the whole of society. This viewpoint doesn’t just like the specialty of sociology. The primary supporters of the varsity are Durkheim, Hob Home and Sorok.
What is the Significance of Social Sciences?
Social science is a standard brand in social analysis and interpersonal relationships. In any case, the boundaries of disciplinary boundaries will not be all the time clear, and the generic time period "social science" usually covers most disciplines akin to sociology, social psychology, political science, and geography.
Talk about the pluralistic perspective of society.
Society could be higher understood as a result of a lot of people who work together rely upon each other, are structured and comply with an analogous cultural sample. Each society is unique. Society incorporates similarities, variety, inequalities, as a result of everyone in society has their own private values and ideals. People Dwelling in Society
Primary options of the State of Sociology
- Sociology is Social Science
- It is pure science, not applied science.
- Sociology is Common Science
- It’s both Rational and Empirical Science
- Culture, Social Group, Social Establishment and Social Structure are Subjects
- Sociology is a specialization quite than a science of generalization.
How are sociology and anthropology related?
Anthropology is primitive research, easy and traditional men, illiterate societies. Sociology is a posh modem analysis that can be illiterate / illiterate men / a differentiated society.
- The evolutionary particulars of society are systematically and clearly the topic of anthropology, while sociology data events in the trendy society in scientific
Class 11 Sociology Chapter 1 Brief Reply Sort Questions
Sociology is a science as a result of it has objectives and systematic research methods and evaluates social actuality in the mild of empirical evidence and interpretation
It isn’t a pure science because human conduct just isn’t demanding and varies personally.
Sociology is categorical science as a result of it’s related to "what is." It is pure science as a result of sociology collects info solely from human society and doesn’t concern its software. Sociology is abstract science because it research societal design and norms. It is basic science. It supplies info on teams, social activities, material, and construction. Sociology presents the overall rules of social interplay, making it a common science. Sociology is a science as a result of it makes use of a scientific technique. It uses a way of remark and believes within the concept of causality and objectivity.  Query 2.
What do you perceive by sociology? Talk about sociology as a self-discipline
Sociology is a complete research of society as an entire, it’s a descriptive and analytical self-discipline in regards to the structural a part of human society.
and my human surroundings Sociology is a synthesizing and productive science. It deals with men's conduct in groups.
Science is said to a way and not a topic. It is an strategy fairly than a content that may be a science check. From this attitude, sociology is science because it includes objective and systematic strategies of learning and evaluating social reality within the mild of empirical proof and interpretation
It cannot be instantly modeled in pure science fashions as a result of human conduct varies
Sociology is science because it makes use of science Accumulating problems and explaining "What is", "Why" and "How to" social relationships. Sociology as a scientific discipline is primarily a scientific research of the event, organization and functioning of human society
What’s society? Describe the primary options of society.
Society is a gaggle of individuals with a standard tradition, occupying a regional area and linked to at least one another in a standard history.
Page, "Society is a Network of Social Relations".
The Union itself, the organization, the sum of formal relationships through which the union of individuals is sure collectively
Society isn’t just a gaggle of individuals,
Society is a gaggle with certain characteristics:
- Specified region: Society is a regional group . Nomadic societies have a a lot larger area than complicated trendy societies.
- Sexual Copy: Society members got here from the offspring of human copy
- Complete tradition: Societies are culturally self-sufficient. They could even have a subculture. This Widespread Cultural Model Provides Members Id
- Independence: Society is a Permanent, Self-Supporting and Built-in Group
Society is predicated on social relationships, their members are interdependent and interact with one another and are abstract as a result of it’s a community of relationships
An important points of any society are its culture, its social group, its social institutions and its social structure
Talk about the relationship between sociology and historical past
Sociology tries to know the social influence of whereas history is a set of previous events
- Historical past focuses on previous analysis while sociology exhibits
- Historical past highlights differences in comparable occasions, however sociology deals with totally different events comparable Historical past
- Sociology, via history, understands the society of the modem, because sociologists can get social details about historic society from historical past.
Talk about the connection between sociology and economics.
- Sociology examines society as an entire, while economics research solely the financial a part of society
- Sociology is broad, whereas economics is a special subject of human economics
- Sociological strategy to learning relationships is collectivist
- Sociology uses quantitative and numerical strategies, while economics is predicated on information by inductive and deductive methods
- Economic phenomena are continually determined by all types of social needs and features, and they continuously outline, create, and shape all types of social need and exercise.
Psychology is likely one of the closest subjects in sociology
- Psychology focuses on particular person mind research, whereas sociology research society
- Psychology is a science okay yttäytyminen, mental processes, expertise within the sociology of human social conduct research in society.
- Psychology is interested by intelligence, learning, emotions, motivation, reminiscence, and so forth. Sociology is interested within the relationship between family, marriage, household values
- Psychology research on particular person wishes and fears, sociological research from social institutions
- Social psychology combines the hole between two objects and examines how individuals behave in society in society.
Class 11 Sociology Chapter 1 Sort of Lengthy Reply Questions
Describe the growth of sociology in India.
Histo The origins and evolution of Indian sociology are over 4,000 years previous. The essential source of social ideology was religion. Through the Vedic era in India, the systematic improvement of varied social institutions in society was widespread. India's sociology has been influenced by numerous inner processes, especially the colonial administration, which tried to show its cultural superiority within the comparison of Indian tradition.
First, sociology courses have been taught at the College of Calcutta on the Department of Economics, Political Science, Human Geography and Anthropology. This was the pioneer of philosopher Brajendra Nath Seal, anthropologist Okay.P. Chattopadhyay and human Geographer Nirmal Bose.
- In 1914 the Department of Sociology for PG college students in economics was began.
Since sociology has been defined in the present day, it’s introduced in India at Bombay University by prof. Patriels in 1919.
- In 1923, Mysore College introduced Sociology as a separate subject in its BA courses. At present, sociology is taught in most Indian universities as BA passport or BA course and PG course
- At present, main Indian institutes comparable to JNU, Delhi Faculty of Economics, Tata Division of Social Sciences focus on Sociology
- for their blossom, are Dr. Radha Kamal Mukherjee, prof. PN Prabhu, prof. Wadia, prof. Shrinivas, Dr. R.N. Saxena, prof. R. R. Shastri, prof. Kapadia, prof. N. Prasad, prof. T. Okay. Oomen, prof. SC Dubey, prof. Andrea.
How are sociology and political science interrelated?
Learning Political Science is a political establishment similar to state governments and its branches
- Sociology explores energy in a social context, for instance, throughout elections
- Political science is restricted to using 19659005] Sociology focuses on social stress in the relationship between a political establishment
- . The primary process of a police scientist is to review political conduct, whereas the primary activity of a sociologist is to develop information that explains each social and political conduct and the results of this conduct.
- both approaches
How did the success of the French Revolution and the Industrial Revolution cause modifications within the social life of people normally?
The Success of the French and American Revolution
The values of enlightenment of religious and political freedom discovered expression within the French Revolution in 1789.
These revolutions favor a nation with alienating rights, monarchy, and monarchy. The ideals of freedom, equality and brotherhood created an end to the age of feudalism.
Industrial Revolution and Capitalism
Started in Britain in the late 19th and early 19th century and had two foremost options.
a) Systematic software of science and know-how to industrial production: the invention of latest machines and using new power sources revolutionized the production process.
b) The Industrial Revolution was based mostly on new, dynamic types of economic exercise. Capitalism revolutionized the best way labor and markets have been organized. Entrepreneurs have now made a continuous and systematic profit. Giant manufacturing was directed to distant markets, and uncooked materials have been also sourced from all over the world.
These modifications within the manufacturing system led to many dramatic modifications in social life.
1. Prior to industrialization, agriculture and textiles have been among the most necessary in the UK.
2. Most individuals lived within the villages. Like their very own Indian village, there have been peasants and landlords, blacksmiths and leather staff, weavers and pottery, shepherds and brewers.
3. Society was small. It was hierarchical, that’s, the place and position of various individuals was clearly outlined. Like all traditional societies, it was characterized by shut interplay. With industrialization, every of these features modified.
4. Probably the most essential elements of the brand new order was the weakening of the labor pressure, the eradication of work from the protective context of the guild, the village and the family. Each radical and conservative thinkers have been shocked by the decline in the standing of a standard workforce, not skilled craftsmen
5. Metropolis centers grew and grew. It wasn't that there have been no cities before. But their significance before industrialization was totally different. Industrial cities created an entire new sort of city world. It was marked by soot and timbre in the factories, overloaded slums of the brand new industrial working class, poor sanitation and common distortion. Thus, many early sociologists, comparable to Karl Marx and Durkheim, have been involved concerning the scientific analysis of the evolution of commercial society.
So sociology was "the science of the new modem"
What do you understand by sociology?
Capitalism was a new financial system that was born in Europe within the 17th and 18th centuries. The system turned the engine of commercial progress. Karl Marx believed that capitalists have been manufacturing unit house owners and entrepreneurs who made systematic income and turned wealthy on the expense of their poor staff
The key to socialism in capitalism was the complicated relationship between manufacturing unit house owners, staff and the means of manufacturing, ie factories, machines and tools. The Renaissance was the European mental motion of the late 18th and 19th centuries, which emphasized purpose, individuality, and smart thought. The ideas of entrepreneurship, equality and freedom turned essential and led to the French Revolution, which abolished the monarchy, ended on feudalism and start. The central concept of the Renaissance was that each one men have been born with sure rights that had to be respected.
Positivity was a concept developed by Auguste Comte, thought-about to be the "father of sociology". Positivity is predicated on the idea that verifiable information permit one to comply with social life methodologically to supply reliable and valid info that can be used to affect the course of social change and improve human circumstances. Positivity has had little effect on modern sociology as a result of it is claimed that it encourages deceptive emphasis on superficial information with out listening to the underlying mechanisms that can’t be detected.
Revolution results in the emergence of sociology in Europe?
- Industrial Revolution began in Britain in the late 1800s and early 1800s. It marked the start of the scientific period and led to modifications within the social lifetime of the individuals
- Before industrialization, the countryside was essential. The primary career was cultivation and weaving. Society was hierarchical, standing and class acutely aware. Individuals worked based on their wants, daylight and deadlines
- Industrialization meant the systematic software of science and know-how. Big factories have been arrange for large-scale production of products resembling textiles and iron and metal. New forms of financial activity led to capitalism, because the pursuit of revenue was directed to distant colonies.
- There was a dramatic change in social life when a new working group was shaped. Farmers moved to industrial cities characterized by overcrowded dwellings, poor sanitation and a basic storm.
- The indicator of this new society was the timing. The tempo of work was set utilizing the clock and calendar. The manufacturing of the manufacturing unit meant that the work started exactly, and individuals worked alternately on sure hours and paid for what they produced.
- Karl Marx and Durkheim have been shocked by the weakening of manufacturing unit staff and began to worry concerning the improvement of the economic business. society. In consequence, sociology was bom because it was based mostly on understanding the science of the new modem business.
Talk about the revolutionary modifications in 19th century Europe that led to the emergence of sociology.
1. Sociology was born in Europe within the 19th century because of the revolutionary modifications caused by the Enlightenment, the French Revolution and the Industrial Revolution
2. Medieval Europe was a feudal society. The Church controlled all areas of society, together with state affairs, and the king was thought-about divinely ordained to rule his individuals when he saw match. Progressively, individuals started to question every facet of life, including the authority of the church and the monarchy.
3. This led to an era of enlightenment that drastically emphasized the rationale and
rationality. It was more and more understood that science methods could possibly be extended to humanity analysis. For example. Poverty was not seen as a natural phenomenon, however as a social drawback because of exploitation and human ignorance. Thus, poverty could possibly be repaired and solved
4. Enlightenment opportunities for mental and political freedom have been expressed in the French Revolution in 1789. This revolution mentioned the concept all individuals had the suitable to freedom, equality and brotherhood. The revolution led to a monarchy and launched democracy. Terminated feudalism and delivery rights have been abolished.
5. The Industrial Revolution began with the development of science and know-how. It introduced capitalism as business turned essential economically. Farmers left their farms to work in factories in British industrial cities. Modifications in society modified and the working class turned necessary. Once once more, society turned a brand new social order
6. Individuals like Comte, Marx and Durkheim tried to know these revolutionary modifications and restore order to chaos. Their efforts contributed to the emergence of sociology, as they believed that scientific research in sociology would assist to rebuild and rebuild a robust and wholesome society.
Talk about the relationship between sociology and historical past
Sociology and other social sciences have lots in widespread. Just lately, numerous social sciences have regularly come together. Pioneers of sociology in India, comparable to DP Mukerji, have emphasised the multidisciplinary strategy to sociology
Although there are lots of similarities between other social sciences.
Differences Between Sociology and Historical past:
History refers back to the description of the previous of society, while sociology is primarily the current and, to some extent, the way forward for society. too. Historians try to tell historic occasions in chronological order. The primary interest of sociology is to seek out the overall legal guidelines of society and to determine causal hyperlinks between the social phenomenon.
Traditional history has been extra concerning the history of kings and warfare. Historical scientists have historically less studied the history of much less glamorous events, such because the history of gender relations, however shaped a sociologist's interest within the core
History and Convergence of Sociology:
Lately, nevertheless, historical past and sociology have begun to converge. It’s because the presence of society can’t be understood without taking a look at its past. Sociologists subsequently typically use historic knowledge and confer with the works of historians for their very own analysis.
Even historical past is usually studied from a sociological perspective. To quote G.E Howard: "History is past sociology and sociology is present history". Immediately, historians use sociological methods and concepts in their analyzes
The arrival of historical and sociology has led to the specialization of historic sociology. It deals with social models, gender relations, methods aside from the actions of rulers and wars.
Talk about sociological and financial relations.
Differences in Sociology and Economics:  Economics offers with research on the production and distribution of goods and providers in society. However, sociology is a systematic research of social relationships and interactions
- The economic classical strategy virtually solely dealt with the relationship between pure economic variables comparable to worth, demand, provide, cash circulate, and so on.
Convergence of Sociology and Economics:
- Though the distinction is irtfocus, economics and sociology is a two-way relationship as a result of individuals's financial exercise is just not in a vacuum  Production, consumption and distribution of goods and providers in society are affected by non-economic, socio-cultural points corresponding to custom, social norms, shopper nationalities, and so forth.
- Giant investments in the advertising business are immediately associated to the need to change life and shopper habits.
Talk about the Relationship Between Sociology and Political Science
Sociological and Political Variations Science:
- Sociology examines all elements of society, whereas traditional political science targeted on official establishments such because the state government, political events, and so on. For power analysis.
- Sociology highlights the relationship between numerous social establishments, resembling religion, schooling, politics, and so forth., that political science is usually targeted on the interior processes of the federal government
Convergence of sociology and political science:
- Despite these differences, the interests of researchers are comparable And the interplay between methods and approaches increases between sociology and political science
- The interface between political science and sociology is known as po sociology. It serves as a bridge between two objects.
How does sociology relate to social anthropology?
Sosiologian ja sosiaalisen antropologian välinen suhde:  1. Kinds of Society: Sociology emerged because the research of modem, industrial complicated societies whereas Social Anthropology emerged because the research of primitive, simple and small scale societies.
The anthropologists of the past documented the small print of straightforward societies apparently in a impartial scientific style. In follow, nevertheless, they have been always comparing these societies with the mannequin of the western trendy societies as a benchmark.
2. Scale of research: Social anthropology tended to review society (easy societies) in all their features, as an entire. In to date, as they specialised, it was on the idea of space. For example, the Andaman Islands. Sociologists research complicated societies and
would subsequently typically concentrate on elements of society like the paperwork or religion or caste or a course of comparable to social mobility.
3. Methods of Research: Social Anthropology has been related to the ethnographic strategies of participant statement. It is characterised by lengthy area work custom, dwelling in and with the group being studied for a long time and studying their language.
Sociologists have typically relied on survey strategies and quantitative knowledge using statistics and the questionnaire mode.
Convergence of Sociology and Social Anthropology:
- Right now the distinction between a easy society and a posh one itself wants main rethinking. India itself is a posh mix of custom and modernity, of the village and the town, of caste and tribe, of sophistication and group.
- Consequently, there is a coming together of sociology and social anthropology in India. There have been fruitful interchanges between the two disciplines and in the present day typically strategies and methods are drawn from both.
- However, Sociology too has been using quantitative and qualitative methods, macro and micro approaches for learning the complexities of modem societies.
Talk about relationship between Sociology and Psychology.
Relationship between Sociology and Psychology:
Psychology is usually defined as the science of behaviour. It includes itself primarily with the individual. It is fascinated about her/his intelligence and learning, motivations and memory, nervous system and reaction time, hopes and fears.
Sociology attempts to know behaviour as it is organized in society, that is the means through which character is formed by totally different features of society. As an example, financial and political system, their household and kinship construction, their culture, norms and values.
It is fascinating to recall that Durkheim who sought to determine a clear scope and technique for sociology in his well-known research of suicide neglected particular person intentions of those that commit or attempt to commit suicide in favour of statistics regarding numerous social characteristics of those people.
Social psychology, which serves as a bridge between psychology and sociology, maintains a main curiosity in the individual however considerations itself with the best way through which the person behaves in social teams, collectively with different individuals.